Frankincense essential oil is known for its rich medicinal characteristics. For instance, the oil is commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurveda and aromatherapy.
Health benefits of Frankincense essential oil
Frankincense oil, also referred to as the king of essential oils, has a range of distinguished benefits and uses:
- Balances hormones
- Enhances memory
- Improves blood circulation
- Stimulates feelings of wellness and recreation
- Decreases skin discoloration and deficiencies
- Supportshale and hearty cellular function
Main Uses of Frankincense oil
Frankincense oil is advantageous in numerous aspects when used correctly. Below mentioned are a few uses of Frankincense oil:
- Antiseptic, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties all promote an improved immune system to combat any disease an individual may have. The diffusion of this oil helps it to settle down on adjacent surfaces where microorganisms may have developed. The oil kills them before an individual is exposed to them, thereby, creating a clean atmosphere.
- Topical uses work best when mixed with another carrier oil. All carrier oils have their own health advantages such as antiseptic and conditioning properties. Add to a night-time cream, moisturizer, or a beauty treatment mask for provisional skin treatment.
- The huge quantities of monoterpenes such as alpha-Thujene, alpha-Pinene, beta-Pinene, and Limoneneare found in the oil that help in healing a wound and when used directly on wounds, it is advantageous in cleansing and speeding the healing process.
- Aids in digestion of nutrients, and enhances the digestive juice production which allows a healthier breakdown of food. It also keeps the body fit by preventing excess of gas, bloating which can result in stomach problems as well as stomach ache.
Dosage and Preparation
There are no standard guidelines on the dose/quantity for frankincense essential oil for medicinal uses.
The conventional way to use frankincense essential oil is to mix a drop or two of oil with a carrier oil (such as jojoba), and apply it topically on skin or it can also be added to baths in small quantity.
Other way to use frankincense essential oil is to inhale it after sprinkling a drop or two of the oil onto a cloth or tissue, or with help of essential oil diffusser or vaporizer.
Interesting Facts to Know About Frankincense Essential Oil
- It is worth investing in this ancient oil as it provides consistent health benefits and improve the body functions. Frankincense oil promotes fit mind and body.
- It blends perfectly with citrus oils like Lemon, Lime, and Wild Orange, and additional oils such as Rose, Lavender, Cypress, Geranium, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang, and Sandalwood.
- The aroma of Frankincense promotes feelings of contentment, relaxation, peace, and complete wellness, which describes its exclusive value in the essential oils category.
- The chemical components of the oil result in a very powerful aroma that can aid to dismiss negative feelings such as constant worry. Apply Frankincense and get liberated of the pressures of life. The calming sensation and fragrance will encourage a strong mental state, thereby, making an individual feel relaxed.
- Frankincense essential oil is attained from dried up and purified gum of the Frankincense tree, which is mostly grown in regions of Middle East and Africa.
- The name of Frankincense oil is derived from the term ‘franc encens,’ which refers to as ‘high-grade incense’ in French. This oil is considered to be the purest, and hence is the most looked-for, amongst other categories of incense.
- Its strong aroma can be termed as spicy, earthy, and woody, with a fruity touch. Used in aromatherapy, its calming and soothing aroma is supposed to reinforce and stimulate the respiratory system.
- Frankincense essential oil encompasses properties that decreases feelings of nervousness, reduces signs of aging,and fuels the immune system. It can be used as a medicine, in cosmetics, and for eradicating surface and airborne microorganisms.
- The oil has blood thinning properties.