- Botanical Name: Salvia officinalis
- CAS #: 8022-56-8
- Country of Origin: Croatia
- Color & Odor: Yellowish to Greenish liquid @22°C with Warm Camphorous and thujone like odor
- Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
- Specific Gravity: 0.9117 @ 72°F
- Optical Rotation: 9.15
- Refractive Index: 1.4669 @ 72°F
- Flash Point: 124 °F
- Major Constituents: N/A
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Salvia officinalis herb is native to Croatia. Leaves of this plant are widely used in making herbal medecines, Which used for treating the digestive problem, stomach pains, and skin disorders.
How it is obtained?
Sage essential oil is obtained from the leaves of the Salvia officinalis herb. This oil is extracted by the process of the steam distillation method.
How does it smell like?
This oil has a slightly floral and earthy aroma.
Which oil does it blend well with?
This oil easily blends with Vetiver essential oil, Lavender essential oil, Lemon essential oil, Bergamot essential oil, Clary Sage essential oil, Neroli essential oil, Orange essential oil, Tea Tree essential oil, Geranium essential oil, Ginger essential oil, and Rosemary essential oil.
Can you drink sage essential oil?
While sage oil is typically considered to be safe to use, it can become toxic in high doses. It’s best to avoid ingesting it, though sage leaves are safe to eat with food. It should also be avoided by pregnant women since the oil contains camphor and camphene.
Benefits and Uses:
- This oil fights with skin disorders and makes skin clear.
- This oil is used in making cosmetics.
- It supports oral health.
- This oil promotes the growth of healthy hair.
- This oil lowers the high sugar level.
- It boosts immunity.
Some Safety measures everyone has to keep in mind before using this oil:
- Do not use this oil in excessive quantity.
- Pregnant ladies should not use this oil.
- Perform a small skin test in case of any skin allergy.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Do not apply it to the eyes.
Where to buy sage essential oil wholesale?
Buy it from us, essential oils wholesaler. We manufacture pure and organic certified sage essential oil at our manufacturing unit based in Kannauj, India. We offer 100% pure natural oil to our clients globally.
Essential Oils Wholesaler offer global delivery of natural essential oils to the customers worldwide.
We use express and trusted delivery services of providers - FedEx and DHL.
We are committed to ship the orders in 1 to 2 business days.
Average transit time is 3 to 5 working days.
Things to Know
- The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
RECENTLY VIEWED PRODUCTS