About Anise Essential Oil (Aniseed)
Anise (/ˈænɪs/; Pimpinella anisum), also known as aniseed, is a flowering plant in the family Apiaceae native to the eastern Mediterranean region and Southwest Asia, majorly in China and India.
What are the Applications of Anise Seed Essential Oil?
As Flavouring Ingredient:
Since ancient times, anise essential oils has been in use as a spice and flavoring ingredient in range of foods and beverages. Anise Seed Oil is used all over the world for its application in liquors. Some of the most renowned liquor brands contain Aniseed essential oil as an ingredient.
- Anise is an herb. The essential oil contains rich medicinal properties hence used in wide range of medicines. The therapeutic properties of Anise can treat health conditions like upset stomach, intestinal gas.
- The oil can also help women increasing their milk flow when nursing, start menstruation, as well as ease out the pain during menstrual and childbirth.
- Some research suggest that it can also boost sex drive.
- Some people apply anise directly to the skin to treat lice, scabies, and psoriasis.
Uses in Perfumery & Fragrance Industry:
Besides foods & healthcare industries, Aniseed oil also has applications as a fragrance oil in making soap, creams, perfumes, and sachets.
Frequently asked questions about Anise essential oil.
What is anise essential oil used for?
- What does star anise essential oil blend well with?
- Is anise oil an essential oil?
- How do you use anise essential oil internally?
- Is Anise good for weight loss?
- Is anise essential oil good for your skin?