Botanical Name – Matricaria Recutita
Plant Family – Composiatae
Plant Part Used – Flower Head
Odour Strength – Medium to Strong
Color – Bluish Green Liquid
Extraction Method – Steam Distillation
Country – India
Aromatic Tone – Sweet, straw-like, Herbalish Woody note
Blending well with – Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Geranium, Grape fruit, Jasmine oil.
The German chamomile is a species of chamomile that is very aromatic and also known as BLUE chamomile, Hungarian chamomile and single chamomile.. it also has a slightly bitter taste which is reminiscent of the taste of apples. The herb is also very well known to the majority of herbal tea drinkers around the world as it is a common prescription. What is less well known, are the various medicinal uses to which the herb can be put to in the treatment of different disorders and conditions. The oil has excellent calming properties and are effective for irritation and impatience.
Matricaria recutita is native to western Asia. It is widely used in making herbal medicines for treating fever, cough and healing wounds.
Chamomile blue essential oil is obtained from the Matricaria recutita plant. This oil is extracted by the process of the steam distillation method.
How does it smell like?
This oil has a sweet and fruity aroma.
Which oil does it blend well with?
Benefits and Uses:
- This oil helps in treating eczema.
- It promotes blood circulation in the body.
- This oil helps in digestion.
- It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and makes the skin clear.
- This oil promotes the growth of healthy hair.
- It provides relief from muscle pains.
- It gives relief from stress and calms the mind.
How to use blue chamomile essential oil:
- It can be applied topically,
- Add a few drops of oil in water while taking a bath.
- Inhale it directly or add it in a diffuser.
- Combine blue chamomile with yarrow and helichrysum oil in a carrier oil to support healthy inflammatory response.
Some Safety measures everyone has to keep in mind before using this oil:
- Do not use this oil in excessive quantity.
- Perform a small skin test in case of allergy.
- Pregnant ladies should not use it.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Do not apply it to the eyes.
Where to buy chamomile blue essential oil wholesale?
Buy it from us, essential oils wholesaler. We manufacture pure and organic certified chamomile blue essential oil at our manufacturing unit based in Kannauj, India. We offer 100% pure natural oil to our clients globally.
Frequently asked question.
- What is blue chamomile essential oil used for?
The German ‘blue’ chamomile essential oil enhances a healthy inflammatory response and radiates outwards over a wide range of applications including supporting healthy joint function, promoting relaxation and deep, restful sleep.
- Which chamomile essential oil is best?
The two most sought-after for their medicinal benefits are German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) and Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis).