What is VETIVER ESSENTIAL OIL:
The Vetiver Essential oil is also popular as “The Oil of Tranquility” or “Ruh Khus Attar/Oil”. It comprises rich, sensuous, earthy aroma extracted by harvesting and distilling the roots of the plant.
Being one of the most biochemically complex among all known essential oils, vetiver oil contains more than hundred identified aromatic compounds, besides there are several more that are yet to be identified.
How Vetiver Essential Oil is Made?
The rich, sensuous, earthy oil of vetiver is produced by harvesting and distilling the roots of the vetiver plant. This unique essential oil is generally obtained by using steam-distillation method of extraction . However, some distillers in Kannauj, small town in India still use the traditional method for extracting Vetiver oil. The vetiver oil made through hydro-distillation method is also referred as “Ruh Khus Attar” in India.
Aromatic Profile & Blending Properties of Vetiver Root Oil:
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Odor: Earthy, rich, musty, balsamic, root-like
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry-out: Warm, spicy
- Blends Well With: Ylang-ylang essential oil, sandalwood, clary sage oil, patchouli essential oil, jatamansi, angelica and lavender essential oil
Why you should buy from us?
We are one of the best wholesalers of essential oils from India. We at Essential Oils Wholesaler manufacture pure grade oils at our manufacturing unit based in Kannauj, India. We offer 100% pure natural oil to our clients globally.
When it comes to health benefits of Vetiver oil, it has been found effective in improving numerous health conditions:
- Vetiver contains anti-inflammatory characteristics that may soothe affected area and reduce the inflammation in the area.
- Vetiver root oil also has antioxidant properties that may help in clearing the body of unwanted toxins.
- It is also appreciated for its aphrodisiac properties that can help boosting the libido and assists in the arousal of sexual feelings.
- Vetiver root essential oil is also considered great as bugs repellent.
- Vetiver root oil can improve overall immune system by helping to rid the body of unwanted infection and free radicals.
- Vetiver oil may also reduce joint stiffness and discomfort, conditions related to arthritis.
- Some researches indicate that Vetiver has properties that can heal damaged parts of the nervous system which can be caused by shock, stress
- Vetiver essential oil may also be helpful for those with sleeping problems such as insomnia or stress.
How to Use
Vetiver Oil (Ruh Khus) Uses in Perfumerly:
The deliciously rich, sweet, sensuous and earthy fragrance of vetiver oil is widely appreciated in perfumery industry.
Vetiver Root Oil or Ruh Khus Attar makes a very strong base note and is uses by perfumers as preferred fixative.
What to Know:
when blending oils it is advised to limit vetiver essential oil to 4 to 5% of the total essential oil content. The oil is of very high tenacity, a single drop applied on clothes many last for days.
Uses In Aromatherapy:
Due to its thickness and stickiness, vetiver root essential oil may cause clogging in some aromatherapy diffusers. So, it’s recommended to blend it with thinner oils before putting in diffusers.
Uses as Massage Oil:
Vetiver oil may be helpful in muscle stiffness and joint pain. Blend it with oils i.e. roman chamomile essential oil , bergamot essential oil, Lavender oil etc. to make perfect massage oil.