About Cypriol oil
Cyperus scariosus R.Br. is the botanical name of Cypriol oil. Cypriol essential oil is extensively used as a gastrointestinal tonic and help in improving digestion.
The plant is a tiny grass-like herb and is grown all around the globe including southern & eastern region of Indian subcontinent and certain regions of Bangladesh.
These plants can easily be spotted near marshy lands, waterfalls and around rivers. Throughout the world, there are approximately 700 species of Cyperus genus, with 60 of them being in India.
In China, the Cyperus plants were well-known for its robust and lovely aroma and are used for colognes etc. Cypriol oil has amazing health benefits and according to researchers the oil contains approximately 21 chemical compounds.
Some of its health benefits encompass keeping the skin glowing, relaxing the mind, improving stomach health, removing toxins from the body along with many others.
What are the Key Properties of Cypriol Essential Oil?
- Cypriol oil is available in golden yellow to dark brown colour. The colour can sometimes even be amber
- The viscosity of Cypriol oil is thick
- Cypriol oil smells woody, earthy, and spicy
What are the Health benefits of Cypriol Essential Oil?
The healing properties of Cypriol essential oil consist of:
|Spasmolytic||Relaxes muscle spasm|
|Laxative||Assists in improving digestive system|
|Immunostimulant||Improves the immune system|
|Hypotensive||Keeps the blood pressure under control|
|Hepatic||Controls the liver function|
|Carminative||Eases stomach pain and ballooning|
|Calmative||Sedative, soothing agent|
|Astringent||Tightens or contracts tissues|
|Antiseptic||Destroys bacteria and prevents the body from allergens|
|Antifungal||Stops fungal growth|
|Anti-bacterial||Stops bacterial growth|
|Anthelmintic||Keeps away intestinal parasites|
|Analgesic||Decreases pain sensation|
|Antimicrobial||Stops microorganism growth|
Mixing the Cypriol oil
The best blends of Cypriol oil are prepared with the following oils:
|Ylang Ylang oil||Geranium oil||Patchouli oil|
|Vanilla oil||Clary Sage oil||Neroli oil|
|Tangerine oil||Cinnamon oil||Myrrh oil|
|Sandalwood oil||Cedarwood oil||Jasmine oil|
|Rose oil||Cassia oil||Grapefruit oil|
|Black Pepper oil||Bergamot oil|
Uses of Cypriol oil
Cypriol oil is advantageous in numerous aspects when used correctly. Since the oil is extremely concentrated or powerful, it should be used carefully. Below mentioned are a few uses of Cypriol oil:
- Aromatherapy: Cypriol oil has anearthy and spicy fragrance with touch of cedar, cinnamon, and frankincense. Since, the smell of Cypriol oil is strong it is advisable to use a diffuser or vaporizer to diffuse the oil at all times. Be careful that the oil is not spread in an overcrowded place.
- Topical usage: In its concentrated form, Cypriol oil can be lethal and a skin irritant. It is recommended that the oil must be used in small quantity by blending it with an appropriate carrier oil such as almond oil, coconut oil, or jojoba oil – the blend should be applied onto the skin, and not the Cypriol oil directly.
- Other Applications of Cypriol essential oil: Also, as Cypriol oil nourishes the hair, we recommend readers to mix a few drops of Cypriol oil with adequate amount of biological coconut oil prior to using it on the scalp. The oil works miracles when used in the bathing water in a small amount
Avoid consumption of Cypriol oil
Cypriol oil is not for consumption – the oil can be lethal if consumed. It is recommended to consult a doctor if an individual by mistake consumes the oil. Certain narrations suggest using Cypriol oil, blended with coconut oil,for rinsing the mouth, however, we wouldn’t vouch for this ever. Saying it again, Cypriol oil is not meant for consumption!
Important Facts About Cypriol (Cypress) Essential Oil
Cypriol oil is a rare essential oil that has not been satisfactorily acknowledged in the aroma healing world. This oil has a rich, woody, and somewhat spicy aroma. The aroma of Cypriol oil has numerous benefits, however, the oil can prove fatal if consumed. The aroma boosts digestion and can act as an appetizer.
The oil when rubbed on the stomach aids in stimulating the digestion process. Additionally, the oil also kills abdominal worms and controls motion sickness. Furthermore, the spicy smoke of Cypriol oil decreases congestion, puts the mind at peace, and calms the nervous system. When used correctly, it gives a tranquil feeling. Its major health benefits include the following:
- Improves digestion and stomach health
- Clears the lungs and improves breathing
- Helps combat diabetes
- Keeps the skin radiant and young
- Makes an individual look fresher
- Nourishes the hair
- Calms the mind
- Relieves spasm
- Eradicates toxins from the body
- Treats rheumatism symptoms
Though the Cypriol oil may not have got its due in the aroma healing world, however, in prehistoric period, women in India used to perfume their clothes with Cypriol oil. Cypriol oil has a strong presence in the perfume industry and is one of the well-known oils.