Botonical Name: Pimpinella anisum
CAS #: 8007-70-3
Country of Origin: China
Color & Odor: Colorless or pale yellow and crushed fruit odor
Solubility: Soluble in Alcohols,Essential Oils and insoluble in water
Specific Gravity: 0.976 – 0.991 @ 20°C
Optical Rotation: -2.00 – +2.00 @ 20°C
Refractive Index: 1.551 – 1.560 @ 20°C
Flash Point: 199 °F
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
About Anise Essential Oil (Aniseed)
Anise (/ˈænɪs/; Pimpinella anisum), also known as aniseed, is a flowering plant in the family Apiaceae native to the eastern Mediterranean region and Southwest Asia, majorly in China and India.
What are the Applications of Anise Seed Essential Oil?
As Flavouring Ingredient:
Since ancient times, anise essential oils has been in use as a spice and flavoring ingredient in range of foods and beverages. Anise Seed Oil is used all over the world for its application in liquors. Some of the most renowned liquor brands contain Aniseed essential oil as an ingredient.
- Anise is an herb. The essential oil contains rich medicinal properties hence used in wide range of medicines. The therapeutic properties of Anise can treat health conditions like upset stomach, intestinal gas.
- The oil can also help women increasing their milk flow when nursing, start menstruation, as well as ease out the pain during menstrual and childbirth.
- Some research suggest that it can also boost sex drive.
- Some people apply anise directly to the skin to treat lice, scabies, and psoriasis.
Uses in Perfumery & Fragrance Industry:
Besides foods & healthcare industries, Aniseed oil also has applications as a fragrance oil in making soap, creams, perfumes, and sachets.
Buy Anise Essential Oil from Essential Oils Wholesaler.
Essential Oils Wholesaler offer global delivery of natural essential oils to the customers worldwide.
We use express and trusted delivery services of providers - FedEx and DHL.
We are committed to ship the orders in 1 to 2 business days.
Average transit time is 3 to 5 working days.
Things to Know
- The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
RECENTLY VIEWED PRODUCTS