Botonical Name: Boswellia Serreta
CAS #: 8050-07-5
Country of Origin: India
Color & Odor: Yellow transparent liquid @22C with Characteristic odor
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Specific Gravity: 0.846 @ 72°F
Optical Rotation: 13
Refractive Index: 1.467@ 72°F
Flash Point: 95 °F
Major Constituents: Ketonic alcohol (olibanol), resinous matters (30 – 60 per cent) and terpenes (camphene, dipentene, a- and p-pinene, phellandrene).
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Commonly Known As
- Boswellia carterii
- Boswellia sacra
About Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil is typically extracted from the resin of the Boswellia carterii or Boswellia sacra tree. Frankincense is the hardened gum-like material (resin) that comes from cuts made in the trunk of the Boswellia carteri tree.
Also known as olibanum, frankincense essential oil has a sweet, woody scent and is sometimes used to relieve stress.
The oil is amber or greny yellow in colour with a warm, spicy, slightly peppery scent.
Buy Frankincense Essential Oil Wholesale at Essential Oils Wholesaler.
Interesting Facts to know:
Thousands of years ago, frankincense was used in rituals for purification and the exorcism of evil spirits. It is believed that frankincense has the same effect on our bodies and fear, resentment, worry and confusion — and minds, cleansing negative thoughts — replacing them with a feeling of well-being and tranquillity.
Frankincense oil name is based on the term “franc encens,” which means “high-quality incense” in French. This oil has been used from ancient times for its soothing and medicinal characteristics.
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Mild – Medium
- Aromatic Description: Frankincense Essential Oil smells fresh, woody, balsamic, slightly spicy and fruity.
This traditional medicine of the East is believed to have anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antiseptic, and even anxiolytic and anti-neurotic effects.
The primary components of frankincense essential oil are:
- mono- (13%)
- diterpenes (40%)
- octyl acetate (13.4%)
- methylanisole (7.6%).
Other Essential and Carrier Oils that Blend Well with Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil blends well with range of essential oils including Lime, Lemon essential oil, and Wild Orange, and other oils such as Cypress essential oil, Lavender, Geranium oil, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and more.
Related Research Articles/LInks:
- Frankincense Essential Oil as a Supportive Therapy for Cancer
This article is about one cancer-diagnosed patient’s experience of using frankincense (Boswellia carterii) essential oil to help in the management of her fatigue.
Learn More: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29642127
Buy Frankincense Essential Oil Wholesale – Manufacturer & Exporter of Therapeutic Grade Pure Frankincense OIl:
Looking for Frankincense oil manufacturers or wholesalers? We at Essential Oils Wholesaler offer certified, therapeutic grade frankincense essential oil at best price.
Essential Oils Wholesaler offer global delivery of natural essential oils to the customers worldwide.
We use express and trusted delivery services of providers - FedEx and DHL.
We are committed to ship the orders in 1 to 2 business days.
Average transit time is 3 to 5 working days.
Things to Know
- The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
RECENTLY VIEWED PRODUCTS