- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- CAS #: 8008-45-5
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Color & Odor: Light yellow transparent liquid @22C with a rich, spicy, sweet, woody scent
- Solubility: insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
- F.E.M.A. #: 2793
- Specific Gravity: 0.893 @ 72°F
- Optical Rotation: 31.7±2.7° @ (30°C)
- Refractive Index: 1.479 @ 72°F
- Flash Point: N/A
- Major Constituents: Sabinene (50%), d-Pinene 20%, Dipentene 8%, d-Linalool 6%, d- Borneol 6%, i-Terpineol 6%, 6%, Myristcin 4%, Safrole 0.6%, Eugenol 2%, iso Eugenol 2%
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Myristica fragrans.is native to Indonesia. It is widely filled with many medical properties, it is used for treating toothache, abdominal pains, indigestion and liver disorders.
How it is extracted?
Nutmeg essential oil is obtained from the dried kernel of Myristica fragrans plant. This oil is extracted by the process of the steam distillation method.
How does it smell like?
This oil has a sweet, spicy and woody aroma.
Which oil does it blend well with?
This oil easily blends with cedarwood essential oil, frankincense essential oil, Bergamot essential oil, cardamom essential oil, tangerine essential oil, ylang-ylang essential oil, lavender essential oil, rosemary essential oil, ginger essential oil, coriander seed essential oil, clary sage essential oil, and eucalyptus essential oil.
What is nutmeg essential oil good for?
Nutmeg oil is an aphrodisiac, stimulating the nerves in the brain. It was commonly used as a brain tonic by the Greeks and Romans during ancient times. It is known to be an effective ingredient for treating depression and anxiety as its essential oil tends to ease fatigue and stress.
Benefits and Uses:
- It reduces the appearance of pores on the skin and makes skin healthy.
- This oil helps in treating acne.
- It helps in digestion.
- It gives relief from muscle pains.
- This oil helps in fighting infections.
- This oil provides relief from stress and calms the mind.
Some Safety measures everyone has to keep in mind before using this oil:
- Do not use this oil in excessive quantity.
- Pregnant ladies should not use this oil.
- Perform a small skin test in case of any skin allergy.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Do not apply it to the eyes.
Where to buy nutmeg essential oil wholesale?
Buy it from us, essential oils wholesaler. We manufacture pure and organic certified nutmeg essential oil at our manufacturing unit based in Kannauj, India. We offer 100% pure natural oil to our clients globally.
Essential Oils Wholesaler offer global delivery of natural essential oils to the customers worldwide.
We use express and trusted delivery services of providers - FedEx and DHL.
We are committed to ship the orders in 1 to 2 business days.
Average transit time is 3 to 5 working days.
Things to Know
- The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
RECENTLY VIEWED PRODUCTS