- Botonical Name: Vetiveria Zizanoides
- CAS #: 8016-96-4
- Country of Origin: India
- Plant Part Used: Roots/Rhizomes
- Cultivation: Wild/Organically Grown
- Botanical Family: Poaceae
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Aroma: Earthy, Rich, Smokey, Sweet, Woodsy
- Color & Odor: Pale Yellow with Earthy, Smokey odor
- Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
- Specific Gravity: 0.997 @ 72°F
- Optical Rotation: +39.51
- Refractive Index: 1.52290 @ 72°F
- Flash Point: Above 200 °F
- Major Constituents: ketones alpha-vetivone, beta-vetivone, khusimol and isovalencenol.
- Extraction Method: Steam/Hydro Distillation
What is VETIVER ESSENTIAL OIL:
The Vetiver Essential oil is also popular as “The Oil of Tranquility” or “Ruh Khus Attar/Oil”. It comprises rich, sensuous, earthy aroma extracted by harvesting and distilling the roots of the plant.
Being one of the most biochemically complex among all known essential oils, vetiver oil contains more than hundred identified aromatic compounds, besides there are several more that are yet to be identified.
How Vetiver Essential Oil is Made?
The rich, sensuous, earthy oil of vetiver is produced by harvesting and distilling the roots of the vetiver plant. This unique essential oil is generally obtained by using steam-distillation method of extraction . However, some distillers in Kannauj, small town in India still use the traditional method for extracting Vetiver oil. The vetiver oil made through hydro-distillation method is also referred as “Ruh Khus Attar” in India.
Aromatic Profile & Blending Properties of Vetiver Root Oil:
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Odor: Earthy, rich, musty, balsamic, root-like
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry-out: Warm, spicy
- Blends Well With: Ylang-ylang essential oil, sandalwood, clary sage oil, patchouli essential oil, jatamansi, angelica and lavender essential oil
Why you should buy from us?
We are one of the best wholesalers of essential oils from India. We at Essential Oils Wholesaler manufacture pure grade oils at our manufacturing unit based in Kannauj, India. We offer 100% pure natural oil to our clients globally.
Essential Oils Wholesaler offer global delivery of natural essential oils to the customers worldwide.
We use express and trusted delivery services of providers - FedEx and DHL.
We are committed to ship the orders in 1 to 2 business days.
Average transit time is 3 to 5 working days.
Things to Know
- The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
RECENTLY VIEWED PRODUCTS